Kiva.org today announced a new partnership with K-MET (Kisumu Medical & Education Trust) in Kenya.
K-MET is a local non-Government Reproductive Health organization registered in 1995.
K-MET's aims and objectives are:
- To improve access to quality healthcare services, particularly in the underserved areas.
- To harness new and existing expertise, skills and resources to build institutions which will ensure availability of quality healthcare services for all.
- To develop innovative outreach programs for Primary Health Care (PHC) with emphasis on the special needs of the youth.
- To initiate and promote comprehensive developmental networks through collaboration with other change in the field.
- To conduct quality research and training on developmental models that can be replicated.
- To mainstream gender in all programmes as a vital component of RH development.